Monday, April 20, 2009

And so it begins...

Today you are just shy of 3 months old. As your mother I decided I had to start a record of how you things are going! Why? Well because in just three short months you have changed sooo much. I want to be able to remember all the little things you do now as a baby so that someday, when you are older and care to know, I can remind you of how cute you used to be. There are already habits you started and stopped in just 12 weeks.

For instance, did you know that when you sneeze you make a little cooing noise afterward? You literally go "achoo...aaaaoooooh." It is absolutely adorable. Almost as if you are sighing and thinking, whew glad that is over, after you are done sneezing. But only recently, you have periodically stopped cooing after sneezing. I suppose you probably realized that it isn't a big deal anymore...so why sigh about it? Nevertheless, it still squeezes my heart to hear that sigh, and before it is completely gone I wanted to make sure to remember to tell you all about it later.

Right now you are sitting in your swing completely annoyed to be in the chair right next to me but not being held by me. You are pretty peeved. You are crying, realizing that isn't getting you anywhere, stopping...looking at me, frowning and then crying again. Not a full blown cry more of a plea for help "save me, save me from this swing!!" Meanwhile I am typing this little message and thinking that in three short months you are going to start daycare and therefore you have to get used to being on your own for periods of time. It breaks my heart but there it is. Would that I could stay home with you ahd hold you forever I would...but that isn't the world we live in right now. I hope someday you'll understand and forgive me.

Okay, I can't stand your pouting anymore. I am going to pick you up and squeeze you to my chest. Off to change your diaper...which you LOVE by the way. No really you love a good diaper change - no joke. xoxo Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment